A very nice romantic movie with Norah Jones, Jude Law and Natalie Portman. I watched it 3 times already, love it.
My favorite quote:
Dear Jeremy,I like love the soundtrack of the movie. That's how i discovered Cat Power who became one of my favorites. The Greatest is a must-listen !
In the last few days i have been learning how not trust people and i'm glad i failed.
Sometimes we depend on other people as a mirror to define us and tell us who we are. And each reflection makes me like myself a little more.
Something about the director...
Love - Things Wong Kar Wai Taught Me About Love:
1. Requited love is an impossibility.
2. You will fall in love only once. Obstacles will prevail. The rest of your life is spent recovering.
3. Eroticising their possessions will be the pinnacle of your sexual fulfilment.
4. Anything that distracts you from the pain of your loss is good. Some people are more successful in this regard than others.
5. Hook up with someone. Live with them. Sleep with them. Tag along. Don't be fooled. You are only a transitory distraction. Ask for commitment. Declare your love. Watch the set up evaporate.
6. The most potent way to exist is to occupy someone else's imagination.
7. Desire is kept eternally alive by the impossibility of contact.
8. Modern communication enabling technologies will only heighten your sense of desolation by making you more keenly aware of the fact that no one is trying to call.
by Alice Dallow
I JUST ADOREEEE the movie...and Wong Kar Wai :) Thanks for the post jan, wanted to rewatch it again :)
Post a Comment